Clyde Computers Environmental Policy
Clyde Computers Southern Ltd (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice specifically relating to the provision of managed computer services, but incorporating our overall business activities.
It is our objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies, and to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance. We will:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of our equipment, plant and operations
- Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
- Ensure that all supplier and sub-contracted operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment
- Train all employees in environmental issues and raise awareness and actively promote the establishment of a clean and healthy environment
- Minimise the production of waste and material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage by promoting the efficient use of energy, water and other resources
- Minimise the production of pollutants to water, land and air. All waste will be disposed of under controlled conditions when re-cycling and/or the re-use of the materials is not an available option
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise risk to the general public and employees from Organisation operations and activities
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the principals and contents of the Environmental Management System (EMS) Manual.
The Organisation constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.
Martcom also offers a takeback and recycling schemes to help recycle your waste electrical equipment. For more details, please see our WEEE page
No waste from Martcom operations ends up in landfill !!